In consideration of and as an inducement to enrolling as a student of Bikram's Yoga College of India, 51 Church Street,Manchester, M4 1DP, I represent and agree as follows:
1. I have been examined by a licensed doctor within the past six months and have been found by such doctor to be in good physical health and fully able to perform all yoga exercises which I am to learn and perform during my enrolment with you. I represent and warrant that I have no medical condition or injury which would prevent me from fully participating in Bikram Yoga. Any impairment I have I will disclose to you in writing.
2. I understand that it is my continuing responsibility to inform the teacher(s) at Bikram Yoga of any previous or current medical conditions, injuries or surgeries prior to class.
3. I will faithfully follow all instructions given to me by you and your teachers as to when, where and how to perform and not perform yoga exercises, it being understood that any deviation by me from such instructions shall be at my own risk.
4. I understand and acknowledge that I am to receive instruction in yoga theory and exercises only, and I will not hold you, your partners, teachers, or employees to any higher standard of care than that applicable to a school of yoga theory and exercises.
5. These classes entail intensive physical activity (conducted in a heated room – approximately 105 degrees fahrenheit) and exertion by me. I recognize that such physical activity and exertion may be difficult and strenuous and may cause or aggravate a physical injury or medical condition; I assume full responsibility for any risks, conditions, injuries or damages, known or unknown, which I might incur or aggravate as a result of my participation.
6. In future consideration of being permitted to participate in Bikram Yoga, I knowingly, voluntarily and expressly waive any claim I may have or acquire against Bikram Yoga, for any injury, condition or damages that I may sustain as a result of entering or being on the premises or participating in Bikram Yoga.
7. My heirs and legal representatives forever release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue Bikram Yoga for any injury, condition or death which arises, is caused by or is aggravated by reason of my participation in Bikram Yoga.
8. The tuition paid herewith and any fees paid hereafter are non-refundable. Refunds, if any, that are made shall be entirely at the discretion of Bikram Yoga Manchester.
9. Bikram Yoga reserves the right to refuse access. I also understand that except for a monetary refund, I have no claims against Bikram Yoga by reason of their refusal to allow me to participate in Bikram Yoga.
10. I understand and acknowledge that Bikram Yoga Manchester is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage to personal property left on its premises.
11. I agree to abide by Bikram Yoga Manchester’s terms and conditions, a full copy of which is available, including operational rules which may be displayed in various parts of the studio. Bikram Yoga Manchester reserves the right to make amendments to these terms and conditions. I understand that if I do not comply with these rules I may be denied access.
In checking the box I agree I have read the above agreement of release of waiver and liability and fully understand its contents, I voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions stated above.